How criminal cases are being affected by the COVID-19 outbreakMarch 23, 2021
Lessons to be learnt from the tragic death of Caroline Flack and Domestic Violence chargesMarch 23, 2021
How to maintain your relationship during Lockdown
- Keep to a routine. That routine should distinguish between the working week and the weekend.
- Maintain your daily appearance. It improves your self-esteem and shows your partner that you still make an effort.
- Make a daily timetable which allows for personal, family space and partner space.
- Devise a household chore rota. Make meal times fun by planning and cooking together.
- Mental and physical wellbeing is key. Ensure you make time for an activity which allows for your own personal wellbeing.
- Allocate individual workspace in your home for each member of your family.
- If a special occasion falls within the Lockdown period, think out of the box. Utilise online companies.
- Don’t assume your partner feels the same way you do. It is crucial to support your partner by listening and empathising with their perspective, views and anxieties. Bear in mind that their concerns and predicaments may be very different to yours.
- Impose a minimum 1 hour self isolation period within the household.
- When things get tense stay calm. If necessary step outside (garden, drive or footpath) compose yourself and return when calm. If all else fails, invest in a pair of head phone and wear them at all times!