Day 7: Meet the Team – Mandeep RandhawaMarch 23, 2021
Day 9: Meet the Team Special – William LavellMarch 23, 2021
Day 8: Divorce Proceedings – What to Expect When Things Aren’t Merry & Bright
Separation and potential divorce can be difficult at any time of the year, especially more so over the Christmas period. Unfortunately, it is often the case that people give things one more chance over the holiday period, and the pressures of family spending a lot of time together over short period can mean a decision is made during New Years that it is time to end things. There is a large spike in new Divorce enquiries at this time of the year.
The Divorce proceedings are summarised below:
- An application for Divorce, a Divorce Petition must be drafted. You will have to consider the reasons that evidence the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage.
- You will need your original marriage certificate.
- The other party will need to complete the Acknowledgement of Service form.
- You will apply for Decree Nisi.
- Thereafter you will apply for Decree Absolute.
- The whole process will take 4 to 6 months if it is by agreement and there are no problems.
- The Divorce does not stop financial claims against you and so in the middle of the Divorce you should consider the separation of Financial assets. The Divorce is not the expensive part the Financial Remedy proceedings, if needed, could be expensive and time consuming, but are essential.
For advice tailored to your needs, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated family law team, via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by calling us on 020 3196 7822